More PCMC areas to get 24×7 water

The Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) may soon initiate work on 24×7 water supply in more areas. The civic body will prepare a detailed project report (DPR) to chalk out the requirements and implementation process of the plan, which will be submitted to the state government for approval.

The Union and state governments had earlier approved a DPR for water supply in 40% of the municipal limits. The new DPR is being proposed for the remaining 60% of the municipal limits.

Executive engineer, PCMC’s water supply department said that the civic body had earlier appointed Hyderabad-based Administrative Staff College of India to prepare a report to implement the round-the-clock water supply plan in about 40% of the municipal limits. This report has been submitted to the state government. In December 2013, the Union government approved the project under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission, where the total estimated cost of the project is Rs 143.17 crore. The Union and state governments will bear 50% and 20% of the project, respectively, while the civic body will bear the remaining expenditure. This project has to be completed in two years.

As part of the project, the civic body will be strengthening the water supply network in the selected areas by laying additional water pipelines. However, no new elevated storage servoir will be built during the project.

Source: timesofindia, Feb’14
full_water supply.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s